Goodbye KUAZ and PASUM

This marks the end of my foundation journey in PASUM. I did it guys, I made it through the grueling and rigorous 9 to 5 schedule of a Pasumian. All the blood, sweat and tears finally paid off. 4 subjects subdivided further into 2 components my word, sounds like SPM but the funny thing is the hardest thing I had to do in PASUM, was leave.

I won't forget, never. I swear!

Throughout my stay in Kolej Kediaman Ungku Aziz (KUAZ), I made a lot of friends who I now call family. These are the people who have been with me (sleeping, eating, baraiing, moksyaing) for a whole year and coming from a normal high school, I've never shared my room with anyone. At first I loathed the thought of staying at a college. No air conditioning, no hot showers, college food, no TV and so many other no's which I initially thought would've made me quit after the first month. However, I learned to love the college and it's inhabitants. I loved my roommates who I shall talk about right after this. I loved the projects the college held (Mission Possible, Borneo Night, SOS, Kreatif Week and so many others). It was absolutely amazing for me. This is a special goodbye post for my roommates from 'that noisy room block C hates' whom without, I would've not survived the long and stressful time in PASUM. For the sake of privacy all names below have been altered to what I believe they should be named but you can still see their faces hehehe.



This is Kunyit. Kunyit is the first of my roommates which I met because I actually wanted to share a room with an old high school friend but the powers above had intervened to give me a "kunyit" like Kunyit instead. Well, I use to be partially annoyed at the fact that he stole my friends place and I thought I would never get close to him because he just seemed a bit too "Yalam" for me but I have to say Kunyit is one of the closest people I am to at KUAZ. I would share everything with him and I would gladly listen to all his problems. Kunyit is actually quite a really decent guy, he's nice and friendly, bolehla smart if he were more rajin and has an addiction to going out at night and coming back in the morning. If you asked me about my favorite moment with Kunyit, I can't really answer that question because I've loved all our moments together, be it me worrying about him not coming back even after 5 am in the morning or me trying to sabotage him during Monopoly Deal, I swear I wish we had another semester to make more barai memories together. I hope you get your life sorted with your family and in my very honest opinion, I think you should go with what you believe you want to do. This is your life, if flying has been your dream then go for it because you only get one shot at life and you don't want to do something that you'll end up regretting later. Well Kunyit if you do end up marrying Apids, I will be invited (willingly or not). Hope we see each other in September, chaoz.



This is Genius. Genius is the second roommate I met but I think I spent my time with him the most during orientation week. I would've spent more time with him but Genius goes back every weekend. So yea I have a roommate who disappears every night and one who's never here on the weekend. But I kid you not Genius is really a Genius, the "Malaysian Stephen Hawking" I daresay. My biggest fear when first entering into KUAZ was having to share a room with people who don't have similar personalities with me or can't accept me for who I am but Genius did and I'm so glad. Not only did we both think similarly on an intellectual level but I could still be kiasu with him and yes we competed to finish our homework before anyone else. Genius is a top 20 Pasumian and I daresay top 20 Malaysian intellectually. He's hardworking, smart and handsome so ladies take note, he's also single. I always loved his laid back attitude but it's not the lazy laid back attitude I have, it's the "I'm not stressed, I have it under control and I can still be fun" attitude. He's never gotten angry and he's always willing to help others in need. I swear Genius is really a blessing to everyone around him, he's just unfathomably perfect, I have yet to find a flaw in this guy and I don't think I will. I wish I could be more like Genius and actually after my foundation finished I actually copied some of his good attitudes so if I ever get to make a speech about my success, I'll give a shout out to you Genius. I loved the times me and you would laugh at how childish Kunyit and Cranky were being at times and I loved how we would be so kiasu to try to be the first one to be able to answer a hard question. I really hope we never lose touch in this world because you truly are a precious person in this world and you can achieve great things my friend. I hope you do become the greatest physicist Malaysia has seen and maybe one day I'll get to see your hair not perfect. I'm gonna miss you Genius.



The last of the disastrous four noise makers is Cranky. I guess you could say Cranky gets cranky easily but we've all had our days too right? But yea Cranky gets cranky almost every day. However, I've never really been pissed at Cranky's crankiness because I just accepted it as a part of him. I mean sometimes he's cranky about the right things, which tells me that there's something wrong with me that I need to change. For instance, I am the worst person at keeping my room clean, Cranky, Kunyit, Genius and anyone who's visited my room can tell you that the part of the room I call mine looks like it goes through a thunderstorm every morning. Cranky used to clean my stuff a few times because he said it "hurt his eyes" but after that I got really guilty and I tried to keep my area as tidy as I could and well it kind of worked. It looked like a slight breeze came through the room every morning instead of a typhoon so I guess I have him to thank for improving my "jaga kekemasan diri" skill. Cranky is a really hardworking person, sometimes and it pains me to see him study so hard and me study so sparsely  and then our results like that one. Cranky if you're reading this, effort gets you further in life than latent ability. As smart as I am I still think you're the better student because you work so hard and I really admire you for that. I do hope you succeed in doing what you want later be it chemical or civil engineering or whatever engineering course you wish to pursue. I will miss our McD and sushi dates because the other two are never there to go with me. I've really enjoyed seeing you get moody, in fact it's given me a good laugh on a few days. I love your subtle over-the-topness. I may be the Drama Queen but you probably are the Drama Prince of D202. I know that this may be a bit touchy but I really admire your mental perseverance. You shared a room with TWO JPA scholars and someone like Genius? Others would've gone mad, even I admit, that is a feat in itself and I do believe that neither of us are better than each other, in fact I actually believe you three to be idols who I aspire to be. I hope you look at life with a positive outlook and maybe just maybe not be as moody later in life, nanti isteri 'blagh' baru tahu. Anyway, if I don't run into you at McD sometime in the next 5 months this is a short farewell for now.


You thought I was going to end the blog here right? (Hahaha nope your long read continues) I believe that it's also appropriate for me to do a bit of self reflection. As a Sarawakian it was hard for me to be away from home for the first time. I cried for weeks because it just hurt so much. I would've cried longer had it not been for you all. I also became complacent because PASUM is.... well, not SPM but you guys made me realize that it doesn't matter what PASUM is if I want to succeed in life, I have to work hard. I also have to thank you guys because I admit I'm a sinner, I'm not the most pious person out there but you guys have made me realize my mistakes and slowly I returned to His path. I was a heartless kind of person when I first came in. I wanted nothing to do with the people here and wanted to have it done and over with as soon as possible but you guys proved my hatred for PASUM and KUAZ wrong. You made me see the little things in life which we have to be thankful for. You guys wiped away my tears without even seeing them. I'm the type of person to not confide my problems into anyone, I would rather just pent it up or lie about my situation but you guys listened and you accepted me and all my imperfections. Instead of condemning me, you helped me solve my problems and I've never been so touched before. As I'm writing this the water works are already pouring. I wish I could spend more time with you all because you truly helped me to discover what it means to be a family. I may smile and laugh a lot but you guys made me truly smile for myself and not for show. Because of you 3, I've forgotten about my past depression and I'm so grateful. I pray to Allah everyday that he'll bless me with more friends like you guys in degree but I'm just going to try to keep our friendship till the end of our lives. I don't think I could imagine us losing touch because the thought of it hurts too much. Over the past year, I've learnt to become a more joyous person, a more loving friend, a more pious believer and a more hardworking student and it's all because of Allah because he blessed with these 3 amazing people.
Kunyit, Genius and Cranky.


With that I say thank you and this is not goodbye, this is just an appreciation post because I love you guys so much. It hurts me so much to write this because it really feels like a goodbye but I SWEAR, this is not goodbye, this is just I love you to take with you, until we're home again.

Bab1 17/18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical School at UM

PASUM: An Adventure to Shape Your Future

SPM Tips Which are a Year Overdue